How we started
In 1953 Mr Roy Wood Veterinary Surgeon set up practice in Western Road Crediton. In true James Herriot style he used his desk for the bill writing in the morning, it was then cleared of paper and used as an operating table later in the day! The daily round used to be up 40 farm visits a day covering a large area of Mid Devon.
The practice moved in 1955 to the current out of town site at Barnstaple Cross (pictured). In the early 1970's, with Jonathan about to join his father from college, a specialized Veterinary Surgery was built. The surgery facilities have been upgraded and expanded on a regular basis, with the next stage the addition of a new reception and consulting suite. We have plans for future expansion, to increase the small animal working areas and rehabilitation facilities. There is good parking for both cars, lorries and horse boxes.